The school is mindful at this time of the worries and difficulties faced by many families arising not only from the coronavirus but also the anniversary of the Greenvale tragedy as well as general anxiety and stress that may arise for examination students. Therefore the school counsellor will continue to be available and can be contacted on 07966 434499 or e-mail: [email protected]
Queries may be directed to the school e-mail account:[email protected] (referencing the relevant staff member in the subject line) but we will also endeavour to keep the phone line open on 028 87 727400.
We will be continuing to communicate pastoral support through our school app. Please keep connected with our school community by keeping notifications on your school app turned on to ensure we can remain in touch.
Distance Learning Guidelines for pupils
Create a daily structure for your day. You should base this on your school timetable but it can be more flexible to fit around your family’s needs. For example, sharing devices with other members of your family and caring for someone who may be unwell.
Teachers will have assigned learning tasks to you on google classroom. You are not required to complete all of this work in one day! Follow your school timetable, look at the subjects you have on a given day and spend time on these.
- Some teachers will assign learning materials at the start of the week and you can work your way through these tasks in advance of deadlines if you wish. Alternatively teachers may send these daily.
- It is important you log into google classroom each school day and engage with the tasks to advance your learning.
- If you are not able to complete a task, your teacher will be understanding and you can hand it in late or if you are unwell, it does not need to be completed. Don’t worry, just keep trying your best.
- Remember to only enter comments related to learning. This is not a group chat! Teachers have the option to ‘mute’ you or if necessary, remove you entirely from the classroom.
- Check email daily
Engage with teachers and the learning by completing tasks
- submitting work (usually by taking a photo and sending to your teacher within the assignment )
- Review teachers comments on returned work
- Use Commenting to reply to your teacher’s feedback. Seek clarification on gaps in your learning
- You may email your teacher if needed.
- I need my classroom code [Complete the code request form ]
- I need my password re-set. [Ask a parent to complete the password reset request form.]
- I need assistance with a different issue [Complete the support request form ]