Academy Alumni Association
The Academy Alumni Association helps past pupils and staff from St. Patrick’s Academy, the Girls’ Academy and Boys’ Academy remain in contact. Old Academy friends have reconnected using our facebook page. Click here to find us on facebook.
Recent Event – St. Patrick’s Academy Dungannon’s GAA Golf Classic
Sincere thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of our GAA Golf Classic fundraiser which took place at Dungannon Golf Club on Friday the 18th of June 2021.
This event marked the 30 year anniversary of our first ever MacRory Cup success. We were delighted to see representatives from our ground-breaking 1991 team. The Academy has a rich tradition of Gaelic Games with numerous Provincial and National titles from both boys and girls teams. Our Golf Classic raised funds for the day to day running of Gaelic Games within the school and supported our ambition for future success. Our school now provides Gaelic Games to 18 teams across boys and girls football, boys hurling and girls camogie.
The format of the day was a four-ball event, with the first tee time at 10:00am and the last tee time at 5:00pm.
We greatly appreciate all the ways everyone supported the event; by joining a 4-ball, sponsorship or helping out on the day.
Congratulations to the event winners:
1st – Magherafelt O’Donovan Rossa Team
2nd – Sean Hughes, Naoise Quinn, Patrick McGeary and Darragh Lyons Team
3rd – Brendan Early, Phillip Toner, Gerard Toner and Sean Hampsey
Longest Drive – Ian Rafferty
Nearest the Pin – Mark Wallace
Join the alumni mailing list to find out about upcoming events.
We have been archiving items of interest including old year books, photos and articles and would be very appreciative if anyone has further items to add to our collection. These can be left at reception, where we will carefully scan your photograph and return to you.
- GAA Golf Classic – June 2021
- ‘MacRory/McLarnon Players (1967 and 2009)’ – November 2019
- ‘Celebration of 40 years of Basketball’ – April 2019
- ‘An Evening of Celebration’ – The Academy Gala – February 2018
- MacRory Reunion match
We were delighted to host the first Academy Alumni social event in October 2014. This event was organised by past pupil Owen Coyle. Owen organised a MacRory Reunion match and details of the event can be viewed in our news section.
- Fellowship 77 – 40th Reunion
- Brian Kelly organised a reunion event for past pupils who were in Year 8 in St. Patrick’s Academy in 1977. This event was held on Saturday 9th September 2017, Glenavon House Hotel.
- Closure of Academy building
- Past pupils were invited to visit The Academy on Sunday 17th December 2017 to have one last look around before the building is vacated in Spring 2018. There were two sessions 2pm-3.30pm and 5pm-7pm. We also enjoyed a performance from Alumni choir members during our School Carol Service.
- Click to view photos from the event.
We welcome any ideas for future events, please make contact if you have an idea and we can meet to discuss how we can help.
We are very grateful to our Alumni who have returned to the school to assist our current pupils with career advice and have volunteered their services as career mentors. In addition, we would like to thank our Alumni who have assisted with mock interviews. This contribution has enabled high quality preparation for pupils as they embark upon the next stage after the Academy.
Please contact us if you would like more information on the Academy Alumni Association.