Academy Alumni Association
The Academy Alumni Association helps past pupils and staff from St. Patrick’s Academy, the Girls’ Academy and Boys’ Academy remain in contact. Old Academy friends have reconnected using our facebook page. Click here to find us on facebook. We currently have 1.2K followers.
We are developing a new dedicated website for the AAA, launching Spring 2018.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest to join the AAA (Academy Alumni Association) committee. This group will formulate and deliver a strategic fundraising programme.
Please register your interest using this form. Register AAA committee interest
Join the alumni mailing list to find out about upcoming events.
We have been archiving items of interest including old year books, photos and articles and would be very appreciative if anyone has further items to add to our collection. These can be left at reception, where we will carefully scan your photograph and return to you.
The Academy Gala “An Evening of Celebration”
For more details:
- See our Press Release
- Email [email protected]
- Follow latest updates on our Social Media pages:
- School Twitter feed
- Facebook pages:
Individual Tickets are now available to purchase online through our payment page.
- MacRory Reunion match
We were delighted to host the first Academy Alumni social event in October 2014. This event was organised by past pupil Owen Coyle. Owen organised a MacRory Reunion match and details of the event can be viewed in our news section.
- Fellowship 77 – 40th Reunion
- Brian Kelly organised a reunion event for past pupils who were in Year 8 in St. Patrick’s Academy in 1977. This event was held on Saturday 9th September 2017, Glenavon House Hotel.
- Closure of Academy building
- Past pupils were invited to visit The Academy on Sunday 17th December 2017 to have one last look around before the building is vacated in Spring 2018. There were two sessions 2pm-3.30pm and 5pm-7pm. We also enjoyed a performance from Alumni choir members during our School Carol Service.
- Click to view photos from the event.
We welcome any ideas for future events, please make contact if you have an idea and we can meet to discuss how we can help.
We are very grateful to our Alumni who have returned to the school to assist our current pupils with career advice and have volunteered their services as career mentors. In addition, we would like to thank our Alumni who have assisted with mock interviews. This contribution has enabled high quality preparation for pupils as they embark upon the next stage after the Academy.
Please contact us if you would like more information on the Academy Alumni Association.